Monday, January 05, 2015

La Dolce Vita


Good evening, pretty birds! As I said in the previous post, I have so many photos from last summer that I want to share with you. So, here we go... 
 The idea behind this outfit was inspired by the well-known Dolce&Gabbana campaign which portrays the opulent women from Sicily in Baroque era. It also happens to be my favourite artistic style in painting, sculpture and architecture. I like  how Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana managed to link this fascinating period of time to XXI century through their timeless garments. What I've notice in their campaign it's the fact that it's not only about meticulously designed and fine-cut clothing or opulence, but also about la joie de vivre and finding beauty in everything. 
I love how nowadays' fashion has a VOICE and the way it sends positive messages and empowers contemporary women around the world. Moreover, I strongly believe that fashion has its own language. For instance, back in the old days, people were dressing up according to their rank. It represented their social signature and a manner of revealing their identity without the need to speak.
Having said that, this outfit is my own interpretation of the modern Baroque woman. In my opinion, you don't need to wear head-to-toe designer brands in order to get a nice outfit, just choose the essentials and enhance your outfit with the right accessories. In this case, I started with the basics: a black pencil skirt and a white tulle blouse. I added some gold reminiscent accessories that go well with the white embroidery of the blouse and a pair of mustard heels which brightens up the whole outfit.  
 I hope you like it and I'm looking forward to hear your feedback. 

X


I was wearing: 

Zara heeled sandals, embroidered blouse and bag
Topshop skirt
H&M accessorises 











No comments:

Post a Comment